Darren Moore's disappointment for Doncaster Rovers supporters
and live on Freeview channel 276
But he insists safety is paramount in plans for the return of fans.
The government confirmed on Tuesday that plans for the staggered return of crowds to stadia from October 1 had been placed on hold due to the rising infection rate of Covid-19.
And Moore said he had his appetite whetted for his side to be playing back in front of their own supporters - something which will now not happen for the foreseeable future.
“I certainly, after the experience at Charlton, was really looking forward to welcoming our home fans back,” he said.
“But unfortunately we know it’s going to be a while yet.
“I’ve kept saying it but the safety is the main focus and it has to be that.
“The frustrations grow, and that is understandable, but it has to be that.
“You can only say it’s only been kept away because of the safety element.
“But it is disappointing.”
Cabinet office minister Michael Gove insists the government remains committed to the return of crowds as soon as possible.
Gove said: "We must look at sporting events now with caution but we also recognise that sport is a vital part of this nation and we're looking at everything we can do to support our athletes, our great clubs, through what will be a challenging time."