Man suffers burns after pouring petrol on garden fire

A man suffered burns to his hands after he poured petrol on a garden fire.

By Dan Hayes
Tuesday, 06 August, 2019, 10:09

The blaze broke out at around 3pm on Saturday (August 3) on Cheviot Drive in Scawthorpe, Doncaster, after the man poured petrol onto a garden brazier.

The fire quickly spread to a shed.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Cheviot Drive, Doncaster (photo: Google).

Although the fire was out when a fire engine from Adwick fire station arrived on the scene, the man suffered burns to his hands and face, but declined medical treatment.

A spokesperson for the fire service warned people never to pour petrol onto a fire.