Firefighters called to smoke logged house in Doncaster caused by a candle setting fire to a table cloth

Firefighters from Edlington and Doncaster were called to St Catherines Avenue in Balby at 9.54pm last night (Thursday, November 4).

Friday, 5th November 2021, 11:44 am

Upon arrival they found a smoke logged house, but no fire.

This had occurred due to a candle setting fire to a table cloth.

Read More

Read More
Man in his 70s from Doncaster died after his Jaguar and a large goods vehicle we...

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

The call out was caused by a candle

This was smothered by the occupier in time to stop the fire, but not the smoke.

Crews left at 10.09pm.

Firefighters from Thorne were called land near Thorne North Railway Station at 9.33pm.

They found a large bonfire that had grown out of control.

In these confusing and worrying times, local journalism is more vital than ever. Thanks to everyone who helps us ask the questions that matter by taking out a subscription or buying a paper. We stand together. Liam Hoden, editor.