Fire service sends out don’t cook drunk warning after flat fire
Doncaster fire service is urging people not to cook while drunk following a flat fire in the early hours of this morning.
Crews were called to the North Wheatley property at 0.19am today after neighbours reported hearing a smoke alarm.
The fire service gained entry to the property after getting a strong smell of smoke from within.
Inside the team found the occupant asleep with food left burning on an electric hob.
Nobody was injured and crews left at 0.48am.