Darren Moore close to decision on longest standing Doncaster Rovers trialists
Doncaster Rovers boss Darren Moore is seriously considering handing contracts to the two trialists he has been running the rule over for the past fortnight.
The two midfielders - one of whom is former Kidderminster Harriers player Ed Williams - have both impressed, both in training with Rovers and in their three friendlies so far in pre-season.
Moore, along with talent identification manager Adam Henshall, will meet with chairman David Blunt and chief executive Gavin Baldwin on Tuesday and the subject of the futures of the two trialists will be on the agenda.
“I feel happy with both of them,” Moore told the Free Press.
“Both of them couldn’t have done any more.
“I’m meeting with Gavin and the chairman on Tuesday and I’ll have a chat with them about those two in terms of where we’re at, what they can offer us and how we see them going forward.
“Both of them have done really well and I couldn’t have asked for more from them.
“I think it’s been really good for them coming in here.”
Williams, 25, opted to leave Kidderminster at the end of last season to pursue league football.
Alongside him on trial at Rovers for the last fortnight has been a 22-year-old midfielder who was released by a Premier League club earlier in the summer.
Moore opted against extending the trials of former Sheffield United winger Nathan Thomas and ex-Dundee United midfielder Wato Kuate, who both arrived to train with Rovers at the same time as Williams.
There are currently three other trialists training with the squad, including former Rovers club captain Andy Butler.
Moore said: “The other two are both young, attacking players who could bring goals to the team.
“They would add real speed to the team and goals.
“We’re having a look at those two. You can never be short of attackers.”
One of the forwards was with a League One club last season while the other was released by a Premier League club in the summer. Both are in their early 20s.