Resident heads for hospital after Doncaster house blaze this morning

A house fire broke out in a Doncaster bungalow this morning, leading to the occupant going to hospital.

Tuesday, 20th April 2021, 9:49 am
Updated Tuesday, 20th April 2021, 9:51 am

The blaze was described as starting in the kitchen at a bungalow on Newbridge Grove, Edlington, at 3.20am today, and firefighters say it started accidentally due to a tea towel left on the hob.

Two fire crews from Edlington and Doncaster stations, fought the blaze.

A fire service spokesman said: “The occupant went to hospital as a precaution. Firefighters left the scene at 4.15am.”

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Fire service - stock picture

In these confusing and worrying times, local journalism is more vital than ever. Thanks to everyone who helps us ask the questions that matter by taking out a subscription or buying a paper. We stand together. Liam Hoden editor.