Shocking picture shows why you shouldn't leave your leave your phone charging on the bed

Watch more of our videos on Shots! 
and live on Freeview channel 276
Visit Shots! now
This shocking picture has been released by a station manager in Huntington, near York, and has been republished by South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue, in a bid to warn people of the dangers of charging your phone on the bed.

Tony Walker, station manager for Acomb and Huntington tweeted: “We attend far too many fires caused by electrical items left on beds whilst charging or still turned on.

“These items can overheat or have a fault. The results can be devastating.”

Comment Guidelines

National World encourages reader discussion on our stories. User feedback, insights and back-and-forth exchanges add a rich layer of context to reporting. Please review our Community Guidelines before commenting.