Doncaster Rovers in balloon release following death of supporter Kyle Binns

Balloons will be released from the centre of Doncaster Rovers’ pitch this weekend following the death of supporter Kyle Binns.

By Darren Burke
Thursday, 3rd December 2020, 10:10 am

Kyle, 25, was found dead last week after going missing from home for more than two weeks which led to an extensive police search to find him.

Now friends and family are set to gather at Doncaster Rovers’ Keepmoat Stadium this weekend to release balloons in memory of the lifelong supporter.

Friends will gather on Saturday to release balloons from the centre circle at 11am.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

Kyle Binns.

The number of people allowed into the stadium will be limited because of coronavirus restrictions but fellow supporters are being urged to pay their respects by releasing balloons from the hill behind the stadium and not to congregate in the car park.

In a Facebook post, Lisa Smethurst wrote: “For anyone else that is wanting to come and join us, you can release your balloons from the hills behind the Keepmoat at the same time. Balloons will be red and white for Kyle’s beloved team.”

Meanwhile, a crowdfunding campaign has also been launched to pay for Kyle’s funeral.

Organisers have already raised more than £1,000 to “give Kyle the send off he deserves.”

A post on the JustGiving page HERE said: “Many people prayed he would come home to his family under different circumstances. Kyle was a kind, gentle and caring young man who has left behind a loving mum who is absolutely heartbroken.

"I am putting this fundraiser up to help his mum as much as possible to give her son the best send off she can. Nobody wants to bury their child at any time of year let alone at Christmas. This has been a horrible year for many and every bit helps regardless of how much.”

Last Friday, police announced they had found a body in the hunt for Kyle who was last seen on November 10.

He was seen at around 8.25am that day on St Anne’s Road in the Belle Vue area, before being captured on CCTV walking past the Shell garage on Bawtry Road, Bessacarr, at 8.44am that morning.

Extensive enquiries were undertaken to try to locate Kyle, including an extensive trawl of CCTV.