Pensioner taken to hospital after early morning house fire

Nottinghamshire Fire & RescueNottinghamshire Fire & Rescue
Nottinghamshire Fire & Rescue
An elderly man was taken to hospital suffering from the effects of smoke inhalation after a chip pan fire in Doncaster.

The pensioner was already out of his house when firefighters arrived and when crews entered the property in Memoir Grove, New Rossington, they found a burning chip pan in the kitchen.

Emergency services were alerted to the blaze at 2.30am.

The kitchen was badly damaged in the fire.