Occupant rescued from Doncaster house fire caused by a candle

At 10.10pm last night, three fire crews from Edlington, Rotherham and Dearne stations attended an accidental house fire on Ivanhoe Road in Conisbrough.

Friday, 28th May 2021, 11:17 am

The fire was in the kitchen and was caused by a candle.

The occupant was rescued from the property by firefighters and the crew left the scene at 12.05am.

Three fire crews from Dearne, Rotherham and Edlington stations were called out to a building on Queen Street in Swinton at 8.45pm last night.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Firefighters were called to a Doncaster house fire

Read More

Read More
Doncaster firefighters called out to two arson attacks on cars

The fire involved some ivy which was on the side of the building and had been deliberately been set ablaze. The crews came away at 9.30pm.

Dearne firefighters attended a deliberate rubbish fire at 11.50pm on Coalpit Road, Old Denaby. The crew left the scene at 12.15am.

Firefighters from Doncaster station were called out to a deliberate rubbish fire in a shop doorway on Market Place in Doncaster at 1.05am. The fire crew came away at 1.20am.

In these confusing and worrying times, local journalism is more vital than ever. Thanks to everyone who helps us ask the questions that matter by taking out a subscription or buying a paper. We stand together. Liam Hoden, editor.