Electrical fault causes blaze at South Yorkshire call centre

An electrical fault sparked a blaze at a call centre in South Yorkshire.

Sunday, 19th November 2017, 7:41 am
Updated Monday, 11th December 2017, 10:46 pm
Capita building. Picture: Google

Firefighters said there was an issue with equipment in the boiler room which caused smoke to fill part of the Capita building in Manvers, Rotherham.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

The fire was out on arrival when crews from Rotherham, Dearne and Cudworth stations arrived at 8pm yesterday.

There was no staff present and only security staff were there. Nobody was injured.