Man and woman treated for burns and shock after Doncaster garage fire

A Doncaster man and woman have been treated for burns and shock following a garage fire over the weekend.

By Lizzie Day
Monday, 14th December 2020, 12:50 pm

South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service received reports of a blaze on Woodside Road in Scawthorpe at just before 11am yesterday.

Firefighters from Doncaster and Adwick fire stations arrived at the scene of the blaze which involved a vehicle inside a garage and which also caused damage to a neighbouring conservatory.

The fire is though to be started accidentally by a discarded cigarette which ignited petrol fumes.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

A man and a woman were treated for burns and shock after a garage fire on Woodside Road in Scawthorpe just before 11am on Sunday, December 13.

In these confusing and worrying times, local journalism is more vital than ever. Thanks to everyone who helps us ask the questions that matter by taking out a subscription or buying a paper. We stand together. Nancy Fielder, editor.