Three coronavirus cases at one of Doncaster's biggest schools leads to year group being put into isolation
One of Doncaster’s biggest schools has put a year group into self isolation and sent two more year groups home today after three cases of coronavirus emerged among pupils.
Hall Cross School has the Covid 19 cases among three of its year 11 pupils, but has sent the other age groups home today so a comprehensive deep clean can be carried out at its upper school site this afternoon.
Academy principal Simon Swain said this afternoon: “Following confirmation that three students in Year 11 have tested positive for Coronavirus and further to advice from Public Health England and colleagues at the Local Authority, we have sent all Year 11 students home today to self isolate for 14 days.
"We have also sent Year 10 and the Sixth Form home this afternoon so the Upper School site can be deep cleaned further to our existing deep cleaning processes.
Sing out and sing and sign concerts in Doncaster
A levels joy as Doncaster pupils hit top grades
Can you see your friends celebrating their A Level passes? See our gallery
Doncaster A Level students achieved high grades despite the harsh realities of Covid-19 and will be heading off to university come September
Doncaster city's independent school receives top accolade
"Those year groups will return to school tomorrow. Year 11 students will be supported using Google Classroom.
“We have been really impressed with our staff's dedication and the maturity of the students at this difficult time.”
Yesterday, it emerged a student at McAuley Catholic High School in Doncaster has tested positive for coronavirus.
In a Facebook post on Monday night, the school said: “School was informed at 2pm this afternoon that a Y11 student had tested positive for Covid-19. That student was in school today.
“Taking immediate advice from the public health protection team we established, through the Y11 student, the individuals in the friendship group and classes who had been in sustained close contact.
“By 3.30pm all parents of these individuals had been contacted. They have been instructed that their son/daughter should self-isolate for 14 days.
“We share the anxiety that all members of our school community feel at this time and would remind parents and carers to keep their child at home if they display coronavirus symptoms and remain at home until test results are received.
“Further advice and guidance will be posted on the school website and via our media platforms. If you have a specific concern please contact school directly.”