These are the attributes Doncaster Rovers are looking for in their next manager
Doncaster Rovers have asked prospective candidates for the manager’s job at the club to satisfy a series of criteria.
Sticking with the same recruitment process which has led to the appointment of their last three permanent managers, Rovers have issued an advertisement for the role including a list of attributes a successful applicant would ideally possess.
Those attributes are:
- A working knowledge of the SkyBet EFL or its equivalent
- A proven record of accomplishment of securing results on the field
- Ability to develop a first team that can play an attractive style of football
- The ability to develop players and staff
- Success in managing a playing budget
- Excellent contacts within the football community
- Proven track record of developing a youth structure and pathway
- A proven leader
- A commitment to the vision and values of Club Doncaster.
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Monday, April 19.
Once the deadline has passed, serious applicants will be scored against a matrix to provide a shortlist to be put forward for interview.
The Rovers hierarchy first used their recruitment matrix in the build-up to the appointment of Darren Ferguson as manager in October 2015.
It has since been refined in the processes which led to Grant McCann and Darren Moore being handed the job in 2018 and 2019 respectively.
Rovers have received a raft of applications since publishing the advert for the job at 5pm on Monday.
Dozens of coaches had expressed interest in the role in the aftermath of Moore’s departure to Sheffield Wednesday last month.