RECAP: Burton Albion 1 Doncaster Rovers 3 - A fourth successive victory for Moore’s men
Goals from Fejiri Okenabirhie, Ben Whiteman and Taylor Richards helped Doncaster Rovers secure a fourth successive victory in League One as they beaten Burton Albion.
Recap the events of the game via our blog service below.
In these confusing and worrying times, local journalism is more vital than ever. Thanks to everyone who helps us ask the questions that matter by taking out a subscription or buying a paper. We stand together. Nancy Fielder, editor.
LIVE: Burton Albion 1 Doncaster Rovers 3
Last updated: Saturday, 19 December, 2020, 16:55
- GOAL: Okenabirhie (8), Akins (44 pen), Whiteman (45+4 pen), Richards (59)
- Rovers looking for a fourth straight win
- Hosts Burton are bottom of League One having won just twice this season
- ROVERS: Lumley; Halliday, Anderson, Butler, John; Whiteman, Smith (Hasani 77); Taylor (Lokilo 68), Richards (John-Jules 68), James; Okenabirhie. Subs: Jones, Amos, Wright, Coppinger.
- BURTON: O’Hara, Brayford, Daniel, Edwards (Lawless 79), Bostwick, Quinn (Gilligan 66), Powell, Akins, Vernam, Hughes (O’Toole 20), Ennis (Hemmings 66). Subs: Garratt, Wallace, Eardley.
- REF: Carl Brook (East Sussex)
4.55 All over - a fourth straight win for Rovers
4.51 Added time
4.39 Rovers comfortable
Rovers look in a commanding position in the game heading towards the final ten minutes.
Burton are struggling to muster much of a threat and Rovers are looking dangerous on the counter.
Lirak Hasani replaces Matt Smith
Fejiri Okenabirhie is released into space but fires over the bar.
4.27 Double substitution
Tyreece John-Jules replaces Taylor Richards while Jason Lokilo is on for Jon Taylor.
Reece James has dropped in alongside Ben Whiteman with Matt Smith pushing into the middle of the attacking midfield three. Fejiri Okenabirhie is on the right with Lokilo on the left and John-Jules up top.
4.26 All the subs
Ciaran Gilligan and Kane Hemmings replace Stephen Quinn and Niall Ennis for Burton.
Rovers have two of their own lined up with Jason Lokilo and Tyreece John-Jules poised to come on.
4.20 GGGGOOOAAAAAALLLLLLLL!!!!! ROVERS!!!
TAYLOR RICHARDS!!! AND WHAT A GOAL!!
The Brighton loanee wins the ball in the middle of the park and gallops forward. As options open up either side of him, he curls an absolute beauty from 20 yards which Kieran O’Hara in the Burton goal can only stand and watch.
Hopefully Rovers can now find some comfort in the game.
Joe Powell curls a free kick from the edge of the box into the sidenetting.