‘We’re open and still going strong!’ Doncaster designer clothes shop boss quells fears after £20,000 raid

The boss of a Doncaster designer clothes shop has said the shop is still going strong and open for business after a £20,000 robbery at its store.

Friday, 22nd February 2019, 1:42 pm
Updated Friday, 22nd February 2019, 1:47 pm
Bradley Knipe is still going strong.

Long-standing fashion store Bradley Knipe was targeted by thieves in January – with the raiders making off with thousands of pounds worth of designer clothes.

But boss Carl Bradley has said the High Street shop is still very much in business, amid rumours that it had been forced to close as a result of the raid.

Bradley Knipe is still going strong.

Read More

Read More
The Doncaster store dressing the town for more than 50 years

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

“We’ve had a lot of people thinking we had closed down,” he said. “But we haven’t. We’re here and still going strong.

“We wanted to get the message out there that we are still very much in business and open.

“It is business as usual.”

South Yorkshire Police said that the store was broken into via the rear door on Sunday, January 6 and £20,000 worth of clothing was taken.

Clothing brands taken included  Hugo Boss, CP Company and Armani.

The store originally opened in Doncaster in 1962 in premises on the corner of Wood Street and Cleveland Street, taking the names of then owners Ron Bradley and John Knipe.

The pair, who both worked for men’s outfitters Burton in Scunthorpe, began their shop dream in the town with £500 each from their parents - and quickly had to learn the ropes.

The store counts Doncaster Rovers players among its customers and former England football ace Kevin Keegan was also a visitor. 

The store even featured in an episode of Open All Hours.