FIREFIGHTERS are warning of the dangers of leaving food to cook unattended after residents had to flee their burning kitchen in Wath-upon-Dearne.
The un-named occupants had to escape their home in Denman Road after a blaze was sparked on the cooker while food was being cooked.
Fire crews from Dearne and Rotherham Stations attended the scene at 8.45pm on Monday and firefighters wearing breathing apparatus tackled the blaze using a hose reel.
All of the occupants made it out safely and did not require medical attention.
A spokesman for South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “It only takes a few minutes for food to overcook and potentially start a fire.”