Residents evacuated in Doncaster gas fire

Residents in a Doncaster street were evacuated this morning when a burning bit set a gas supply line alight.

Sunday, 9th April 2017, 8:26 am
Updated Tuesday, 9th May 2017, 6:56 pm
A burning bin damaged a gas supply line at a house in Victoria Road, Edlington this morning. Pic: Google

The incident happened at about 2am when the burning rubbish bin damaged the supply line of a house in Victoria Road, Edlington.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Residents were sent out into the street amid fears of a serious gas fire.

Gas board workers isolated the line and made the area safe, allowing residents to return to their homes after more than two hours.

An eyewitness said children were among those evacuated from the house.