THE daughter of a man who died from an asbestos-related disease is calling for the help of her dad’s former colleagues.
Peter Hemsworth had worked for Doncaster-based ICI Fibres - also known as British Nylon Spinners - from 1965 to 1972 where he changed bobbins on the machines and later worked in power stations across Yorkshire as a contractor.
He was an electrician’s mate between 1971 until he retired in 1994 during which he worked in numerous power stations such as Thorpe Marsh, Drax, Eggborough, Ferrybridge and Keadby.
Mr Hemsworth, who lived with wife Mary in Thorne and had four children, eight grandchildren and 14 great-grandchildren, died aged 79 in February 2011 from asbestosis - a serious lung disease caused by asbestos.
His daughter Carol Bailey has called on asbestos claims experts Thompsons Solicitors for advice.
The 55-year-old said: “My dad was a very proud man and didn’t want to burden the family with his illness. It was only after his death that we became aware of the full nature of his condition.
“We urge anyone who knew him at work to get in touch with Thompsons Solicitors.”
Helen Tomlin from Thompsons Solicitors added: “Mr Hemsworth sadly passed away without knowing that his exposure to asbestos during his working life was affecting his health.”
Anyone who worked with Mr Hemsworth at ICI Fibres or Yorkshire power stations at the same time should call Thompsons on 0113 205 6385 or email firstname.lastname@example.org