Photos show huge blaze as fire engulfs chimney at Doncaster maggot farm

These dramatic photos show the raging inferno that fire crews had to face when a chimney blaze erupted at a Doncaster maggot breeding farm earlier today.

Thursday, 22nd April 2021, 2:23 pm

Crews were called at 8.33am to the premises in Common Lane, Clifton where they were met with the sight of a column of flames leaping from a chimney at the farm, used to breed maggots.

Fire crews from Edlington, Maltby, Rotherham and Parkway stations attended the incident.

They all came away by 11:45am.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

The chimney fire erupts at the maggot breeding farm.

The fire has been logged as accidental.

Photos: SYFR

Fire tears through the chimney in Clifton.
Crews were met with a huge column of fire.
Crews spent several hours tackling the blaze.