Fire crews help school girl who trapped her leg in a basket ball hoop
A young girl suffered swelling after her leg was trapped in a basket ball hoop but fire crews were able to release her from the dangerous situation.
The call was at 12.29pm on March 11 and crews from Adwick attended Woodlands Primary School on The Crescent, Woodlands.
“Firefighters very quickly released her using hydraulic ‘spreaders’ that spread apart the steel and meant the girl’s leg could be released.
“Looks like the girl had some swelling on her leg but is otherwise ok.”
They left around 12.45pm.
In these confusing and worrying times, local journalism is more vital than ever. Thanks to everyone who helps us ask the questions that matter by taking out a subscription or buying a paper. We stand together. Liam Hoden, editor.