AN elderly woman has been left temporarily homeless after an electrical heater in her home sparked a fire.
The pensioner was taken to hospital with breathing difficulties after a heater unit attached to the wall of her bathroom started a blaze in Hawthorne Crescent, Skellow, yesterday morning.
Firefighters from Adwick and Askern were called to the property at around 10.15am and ventilated the bathroom which was badly smoke damaged.
The Fire Victims Support Service visited the elderly woman, whose age has not been released, in hospital to arrange alternative accomodation for her on a temporary basis.
A spokesman for the South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said the heater fire was started either as a result of the unit’s “age or an electrical fault.”