Man suffers burns after pouring petrol on garden fire

A man suffered burns to his hands after he poured petrol on a garden fire.

Tuesday, 6th August 2019, 10:09 am
Updated Wednesday, 7th August 2019, 11:39 am

The blaze broke out at around 3pm on Saturday (August 3) on Cheviot Drive in Scawthorpe, Doncaster, after the man poured petrol onto a garden brazier.

The fire quickly spread to a shed.

Read More

Read More
Dramatic pictures show firefighters tackling Doncaster house blaze
Cheviot Drive, Doncaster (photo: Google).

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Although the fire was out when a fire engine from Adwick fire station arrived on the scene, the man suffered burns to his hands and face, but declined medical treatment.

A spokesperson for the fire service warned people never to pour petrol onto a fire.