an internal investigation is to be carried out by Doncaster Council after staff at a care home were suspended amid allegations of stealing money from a safe.
A spokesman for South Yorkshire police said after enquiries into the incident at Rowena Care Home in Conisbrough nobody has been arrested and the case had been closed due to lack of evidence.
But Doncaster Council, who run the home that specialises in caring for people with dementia and pensioners, said an internal investigations would be launched to get to the bottom of the matter. It is unclear how many members of staff have been suspended from the home but they remain suspendedm and interim management arrangements are still in place.
Money is believed to have been stolen from a safe and is thought to have taken place between March 9 and March 18.
When asked for further details the council spokesman said the authority could not comment on individual staffing matters.