Gas cylinders cause blast inside Dearne barn building

editorial image

Exploding gas cylinders caused a fire inside a barn at a Dearne farm.

Firefighters were called to the incident at Highgate House Farm, off the Dearne Valley Parkway, near Goldthorpe, just after 8pm on Sunday.

A safety cordon was initially put in place but firefighters were able to put the blaze out and left the scene within two hours.

A spokesman for South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said the blaze was accidental and nobody was injured.