Firefighters prevent blaze after Doncaster care home washing machine incident

Firefighters managed to stop a fire breaking out at a Doncaster care home this morning – after worried staff called them out after a washing machine started smoking.

Friday, 21st May 2021, 10:17 am

Fire engines from Adwick and Doncaster fire stations were were sent to the home on Woodlands Road, at 1.46am today.

A spokesman said: “Upon arrival they found a washing machine smoking in a care home. Crews were able to isolate the power to the washing machine and prevent a full fire developing.”

The left at 2.23am.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Firefighters in Doncaster
Firefighters in Doncaster

In these confusing and worrying times, local journalism is more vital than ever. Thanks to everyone who helps us ask the questions that matter by taking out a subscription or buying a paper. We stand together. Liam Hoden, editor.