Fire round-up: Firefighters attended several incidents over the bank holiday weekend

Fire crews across the Doncaster region were extremely busy over the bank holiday weekend. Here is a round up of all the incidents attended.

Tuesday, 6th April 2021, 11:00 am

On Friday at 9.27pm, crews from Parkway and Elm Lane were called to a car fire in Rotherham town centre. This car was found well alight in a small, confined car park at the rear of shops and flats. Firefighters left at 10.50pm and deemed the fire to have been started deliberately.

Read More

Read More
Huge Doncaster inferno is seen from more than 50 miles away

At 9.32pm on the same evening, firefighters were called to a fire at a property on Shady Side in Hexthorpe. This was a two-storey house and the front bedroom was well alight on arrival. Crews from Doncaster, Adwick and Askern were in attendance and luckily nobody was in the property at the time. The fire had started accidentally and crews left around 12.27am.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Fire round-up

At 2.06pm on Saturday, crews attended a fire on Sheppard Road in Balby. This was a brick built garage/shed that was at the rear of a garden. The fire had been deliberately started and firefighters from Edlington were on scene until 3.40pm.

A gas powered patio heater set alight on Carrs Avenue in Cudworth at 3.31pm Saturday afternoon. This heater was being used for the first time after being left uncovered outside for a while and had accumulated some debris in the top of it. Crews from Dearne attended and left at 4.06pm.

At 3.40pm, an abandoned motorcycle to the rear of Cantley Park allotments in Doncaster had been deliberately set alight. Crews from Doncaster left at 5.12pm.

Firefighters from Askern station attended a deliberate fire involving grass and tyres at 7.35pm on Monday at Norton Common Lane, Norton Common, Doncaster. The crew left the scene at 8.25pm.

A fire crew from Doncaster station attended a deliberate rubbish fire on Great North Road, Woodlands, at 8.05pm. The crew came away at 8.35pm.

Two wheelie bins were deliberately set on fire at 8.30pm on Emerson Avenue, Stainforth. Firefighters from Thorne station attended the incident. They came away at 8.45pm.

At 11.20pm firefighters from Adwick station attended a deliberate rubbish on Moss Road, Kirkhouse Green. The crew came away at 12.40am.

In these confusing and worrying times, local journalism is more vital than ever. Thanks to everyone who helps us ask the questions that matter by taking out a subscription or buying a paper. We stand together. Liam Hoden, editor.