Fire in Crowle

RESIDUAL fat left on oven trays lead to a fire at Axholme Academy in Crowle yesterday.

The oven fire was extinguished by staff at the academy - formerly known as North Axholme School - prior to the arrival of crews from both the Crowle and Epworth stations.

A pan was removed outdoors and a fire blanket was also used during the incident.

Firefighters used breathing apparatus and a fan to ventilate the building.

A smoke detector had been activated during the fire which was reported at 11.40am on Wednesday, January 18.

Noone was hurt during the incident.