Fire at Belton golf club

FIREFIGHTERS were called to an incident involving a deep fat fryer at the Hirst Priory Golf Club in Belton.

Staff at the venue used two dry powder extinguishers to tackle the flames prior to the arrival of crews from both the Epworth and Crowle stations.

The incident was reported shortly after 10.30am on Monday and firefighters used breathing apparatus, a dry powder extinguisher, fire blanket and a fan to put out the blaze.

The fryer was removed to the open air and the incident caused slight smoke damage to the bar area with further smoke and fire damage to the kitchen area.

Noone was injured and the fire was caused accidentally.