Fatal Doncaster house blaze was accident caused by electric fault, fire chiefs say

A house fire in which a man in his 60s died was an accidental blaze caused by an electrical fault, fire chiefs have said.

Wednesday, 7th April 2021, 12:42 pm

The man, in his 60s, died in a blaze on Redbourne Road, Bentley, at around 12.30am on Monday.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

When firefighters arrived at the property, the house was well alight.

In a brief statement, a spokesman for South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue said: “It is believed to have been an accidental fire that was electrical in origin.”

Fire crews were called to a property in Redbourne Road, Bentley.