Doncaster shooting: Everything we know so far
While family and friends struggle to come to terms with the death of a young Doncaster man lastÂ night, here is everythingÂ we know so far:
- Emergency services were alerted to a shooting at the Maple Tree pub on the Woodfield Plantation estate inÂ Balby at around 9pm yesterday.
CRIME: Armed police swarm estate after man injured inÂ '˜drive-by shooting' at Doncaster pub - Shots were fired into the busy family pub and 21-year-old Tom Bell was hit.
- Paramedics carried out emergency first aid at the scene before Tom was rushed to hospital.
- It was revealed by his family on social media this morning that the young boxer had died. Posting on Facebook, his sister Ceejay Bell said: 'Good night God Bless to my little bro! No one will compare to you, my best friend.'
- Shocked friends heartbroken at the news of his death have also posted tributes to him online.
-Â Tom was a talented boxer who had won all of his six fights.
Sign up to our daily newsletter
- Those in the pub last nightÂ at the time of the shooting were moved into the beer garden while paramedics battled to save Tom.
- They were then asked to provide witness statements to the police.
- There are unconfirmed reports that it was a drive-by shooting.
- Bullet holes could be seen in two windows at the pub last night.
- There were around a dozen police vehicles and numerous ambulances at the crime scene in the immediate aftermath of the shooting. An air ambulance also landed close by.
- Armed police officers were involved in the operation mounted in response to the shooting.
- The pub was sealed off after the attack while crime scene examinations wereÂ carried out.
- Full details on the incident have not yet been released by South Yorkshire Police. All the force has released so far is that officers dealt with '˜an incident at the Maple Tree pub in Doncaster'.
- Anyone with information should call South Yorkshire Police on 101.