Doncaster man returns home to find house on fire

Fire and Rescue.
Fire and Rescue.

A man returned to his Doncaster home last night to find it had caught fire.

Fire crews were already at the scene when the man, who lives in a property on Victoria Road, Instoneville, returned home.

Firefighters from Adwick and Askern stations were on the scene from just after 7.30pm until just after 9pm.

The fire started in a bedroom when the carpet was set alight because of smoking materials.

Nobody was in the property at the time and nobody was injured.

The fire has been recorded as accidental.