Doncaster house fires

editorial image

A teenage boy escaped uninjured from a property fire in Armthorpe, Doncaster, early today.

The attached garage of the house in Basil Avenue was reported on fire at around 12.30am and the flames also damaged the guttering of the house next door.

The boy was already out of the property when firefighters from Doncaster and Edlington stations arrived.

The garage was used as a games room and the fire is believed to have been started by smoking materials, said a fire service spokesman.

Adwick fire crews were called to a mid-terrace house in Instone Terrace, Askern, at 2am today when a tumble drier caught fire.

It was out when they arrived and the occupants were all unharmed.