Doncaster drivers face more disruption as roadworks return to major route next weekend
Drivers in Doncaster are being warned of further delays as roadworks return on one of the town’s key routes for five months next weekend.
Thorne Road will be subject to a number of lane closures from February 16 as further work takes place on the carriageways between Sandall Park and the West Moor Link Road roundabout.
The work is scheduled to last until June.
Before Christmas, drivers faced delays and disruption in the area during the first phase of work on the project.
The lane closures will coincide with roadworks on Town Moor Avenue – the road linking Thorne Road with Leger Way – which will be subject to closures between February 10 and 28.
The works are part of a scheme to improve the A630 West Moor Link road which connects junction 4 of the M18 to Edenthorpe.
The scheme aims to improve journey times on the A630/A18 corridor by replacing the A18 Thorne Rd railway over bridge with a 'widened and deepened prefabricated bridge' and include:
- Widening the A18 Thorne Road between Shaw Lane and Sainsbury’s roundabouts.
- Widening at westbound A18 Thorne Road entry lane to Sandall Park roundabout to two lanes.
- Widening of westbound A630 to two lanes for 1km.
- A southbound left turn slip lane from A630 at Shaw Lane Roundabout.
- Widening of the southern part of Shaw Lane roundabout to three lanes.
- Updated lane configuration on the exit to Shaw Lane.
- Improvements to the Clay Lane Roundabout.