Doncaster dog died after being poisoned with contaminated meat

Croasdale Gardens, Doncaster
Croasdale Gardens, Doncaster

A dog died in Doncaster after being poisoned with meat laced with paracetamol.

South Yorkshire Police said the dog died after eating meat it found under the garden gate of the property where its owner lives in Croasdale Gardens, Carcroft.

The incident was reported to South Yorkshire at 7pm on Friday, January 19.

It is thought the meat contained paracetamol.

An investigation into the incident is underway.

Anyone with information should call South Yorkshire Police on 101.