Town centre banning orders and crime: How to report anti-social behaviour in Doncaster

Anti-social behaviour is one of the scourges of modern society – so how can you report incidents of it in Doncaster?

Wednesday, 17th March 2021, 12:29 pm
Updated Wednesday, 17th March 2021, 12:35 pm

Readers regularly tell us they are scared to go into town because of anti-social behaviour – so how is it being tackled?

Every town has incidents of crime, especially in town centre areas – and there are plenty of ways members of the public can report anti-social behaviour, with South Yorkshire Police and Doncaster Council having a number of routes they can use to deal with the problems.

Criminal Behaviour Orders – a joint measure between SYP and DMBC - can be used to ban peristent troublecausers from town centre streets and are routinely used across South Yorkshire, with the public urged to ensure they report all incidents to the police.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Here's how to report anti-social behaviour in Doncaster.

A South Yorkshire Police spokesman said: “The message from us in relation to public concerns about anti social behaviour or any crimes taking place would be for people to ensure they report them to us directly.

"There are contact details for the local neighbourhood teams on our website, or they can use 101, our online reporting forms or live chat."

Criminal Behaviour Orders are issued to offenders by a judge, at the request of a prosecution under the Anti-Social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014.

A court may give a civil injunction or a CPN if it gets reports of persistent antisocial behaviour from the police, a council or a landlord. You can only get a CBO if you've been convicted of a crime. You can get a civil injunction or CBO if you're 10 or over and a CPN if you're 16 or over.

Both the local authority and police can obtain evidence towards a CBO.

Some instances in other parts of the country mean that people can be banned from the town centre, certain areas or streets – with the threat of prison if they breach orders.

Doncaster Council also urges people to report incidents of anti-social behaviour directly to them, so they can deal with the problems.

Anyone wanting to report anti-social behaviour or nuisance in Doncaster can contact DMBC HERE

Details of how to contact South Yorkshire Police’s Doncaster Central policing team are available HERE