Firefighters were called out to a Doncaster house fire which started from an e-cigarette charging

Adwick firefighters were called out to a fire involving an e-cigarette which was on charge at 10.50pm on Princess Street in Woodlands yesterday.

Friday, 19th March 2021, 8:33 pm

The blaze is classed as accidental and the crew left after half an hour.

Two fire crews from Doncaster station were called out to a premise on Stretton Close in Cantley last night.

The fire was in the airing cupboard and had started accidentally. The crews came away at 7.55pm.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Today's fire round-up

Maltby firefighters were called out to a deliberate grass fire at 8.20pm on Thicket Drive in Maltby on the same evening. They came away at 9pm.

At 9pm firefighters from Adwick station were called out to a deliberate fire involving a tree and rubbish on Lodge Road in Skellow. The crew left the incident at 9.15pm.

At 5.10am this morning a fire crew from Elm Lane station attended a premise on Upwell Street, Sheffield. A generator was accidentally on fire. The crew left the scene at 6am.

In these confusing and worrying times, local journalism is more vital than ever. Thanks to everyone who helps us ask the questions that matter by taking out a subscription or buying a paper. We stand together. Liam Hoden, editor.