Court round-up

Scales of Justice
Scales of Justice

THE following people have appeared at Doncaster Magistrates’ Court charged with the following offences.

BALBY: Possessing a knife has landed a man with 120 hours of unpaid work. Wayne Ferguson pleaded guilty to possessing a bladed article after he was caught with the lock knife in Florence Avenue on February 28. The 25-year-old of Smith Square was ordered to pay £85 costs. The weapon was seized.

WHEATLEY: A callous thief has been tagged for stealing a charity collection box. Adrian Cooke, 43, must remain at his home in Beckett Road, between 3pm and 9pm for ten weeks. Cooke, admitted the February 24 theft.

BENTLEY: A drink driver who took a car for a spin without a valid licence or insurance has been banned from getting behind the wheel for 12 months. Michael Schofield was caught driving a Ford Focus in Great North Road, Woodlands, on February 28. Schofield, 28, of Wheatley Park Road, was also fined £280 with £100 costs after he admitted three breaches of the Road Traffic Act.

TOWN CENTRE: Magistrates have sentenced a man to 60 hours unpaid work and handed him a two year restraining order for assaulting a woman on Valentine’s Day. Robert Wilson, 29, of Kings Road must also pay his victim £100 compensation and £85 costs. He admitted assault.

DENABY MAIN: A thief is not smelling so sweet after receiving a 24 week jail sentence. Gareth Gardener was already subject to a community order for burglary when he pinched a bottle of Armani Sport worth £55 from Debenhams on March 3. Gardener, 27, of Woodlands Way, also stole food and household goods from Asda on December 2. He admitted two counts of shoplifting.

ARMTHORPE: Driving without a valid licence or insurance has costs a motorist £250. Tony Ellison, 31, of Woodlea Grove, was fined £150 with £100 costs after he was caught driving a Vauxhall Vectra in Balmoral Road, Town Moor, on September 26. The case was proved in his absence.

INTAKE: Magistrates have ordered a man to pay £50 compensation to his assault victim. Stuart Raybourne, of Essex Avenue, originally denied assaulting David Wilburn during an altercation on January 16 but changed his plea to guilty. The 43-year-old was also fined £135 with £100 costs.