Crews deal with house fires

FIREFIGHTERS have been called out to tackle separate blazes at two Doncaster homes.

The bedroom and conservatory of a bungalow was completely destroyed after a fire believed to have been caused by an electrical fault.

Two women, in their 40s and 60s, and a teenage girl were evacuated from the property in Mere Lane, Armthorpe, around 9pm last night.

Officers wearing breathing apparatus tackled the blaze using hose reels before crews left the scene around 10.45pm.

The occupants were unable to return to the bungalow.

Meanwhile, a man in his 40s was taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation after food left in a microwave started a kitchen fire.

Officers arrived at the flat in Beckett Road, Wheatley, around 2.45am today and found the man at the front door of the property.

He was given oxygen by officers and was later taken to hospital by ambulance.

Crews left the scene at 3.20am.