Cause of major blaze on Doncaster industrial estate revealed
This is the damage that was caused to a building on an industrial estate near Doncaster last week by a major fire – and the cause has now been discovered.
Smoke from the blaze at the DMR Motorhome Body Repair Specialists, on Plum Tree Industrial Estate, between Tickhill and Bawtry, was visible for several miles and residents were advised to close their windows, while fire crews battled through the evening to put the fire out.
Pictures taken this week show the extent of the damage to the unit.
Meanwhile, firefighters have now confirmed that the cause of the fire was accidental.
They believe that it was started by an electrical fault in a vehicle.
A Nottinghamshire Fire Service spokesman added: “Businesses located within the Plumtree Industrial Estate were visited on the April 21 and were provided with fire safety advice in line with the Regulatory Fire Safety Reform Order 2005. We have also visited nearby residents with similar information.”
No comment has been available from DMR.
The blaze kept five fire crews busy on the afternoon and night of April 20, and aerial pictures taken by firefighters at the time showed the plume of smoke which rose from the building.
Crews from several fire stations were called to the blaze at around 5.30pm, with advice which was issued to nearby residents to close windows remaining in place well into the night.
At 9pm they tweeted: “The incident is starting to scale down, however we are still asking people to avoid the area and to keep all doors and windows closed.”