A home was damaged in the early hours of this morning after a fire broke out in the living room.
The incident happened at a home in Upperthorpe Road, Westwoodside, at 1.40am.
A spokeswoman for Humberside Fire and Rescue said the blaze broke out in the living room and caused severe smoke damage to the ground floor and slight smoke damage to second floor.
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used one hose reel water jet to put the fire out.
A smoke alarm detector was fitted but did not activate.
No details were given about wether anyone was inside the property at the time.