Around the courts

The following people have appeared at Doncaster Magistrates' Court charged with the following offences.

* A MAN who drove while over the drink limit without insurance or a licence has been banned for three years.

Doncaster magistrates also fined Paul Richard Skelding, 27, of North Avenue, South Elmsall, 100.

Skelding, who was diving a Citroen Saxo on York Road, Doncaster, on February 28, pleaded guilty to the three charges.

* ARMTHORPE man Keith Marsden was fined 150 and banned for three years after pleading guilty to drink-driving.

Keith Marsden, of Harris Road, admitted the offence on Armthorpe Road, Wheatley, on March 14

* A MAN who damaged a council house window was charged with causing criminal damage.

Matthew Stephen Nichols, 30, of Lennox Road, Intake, pleaded guilty to causing 188.66 of damage on April 20. He was fined 100 and ordered to pay 75 costs.

* MICHAEL Siddall, 40, was fined 50 with 65 costs to pay after being found guilty of using threatening words or behaviour.

Siddall of Lowther Road, Wheatley, entered a not guilty plea but the case was subsequently proved in his absence.

* A DISQUALIFIED driver has received a further ban from magistrates.

Gavin Lee Woodhouse, 29, of Borrowdale Close, Carcroft, pleaded guilty to driving while disqualified on Blackwood Avenue on April 27.

He also admitted having no insurance on the Nissan Terrano vehicle.

Magistrates imposed a 60 fine and a further 12 month ban, compulsory because of repeat offending.

* A 21-YEAR-OLD Edlington woman who admitted using threatening words or behaviour has been placed under supervision for two years.

Kirsty Louise Cross, 21, of Stavely Street, also admitted being in breach of an earlier conditional discharge imposed for an offence of criminal damage, for which she was also re-sentenced.

Magistrates imposed a community order placing her under supervision for two years and ordered that she be placed under a curfew until August 31. She must also undertake 80 hours of unpaid work over the next 12 months and pay 60 costs.

* A MAN claiming benefits who failed to notify the authorities that he was working has been fined 100 by magistrates.

David Cooling, 47, pleaded guilty to failing to notify social security of a change in his circumstances when he was working for three separate periods between April 2005 and September 2008.

Magistrates also imposed a community order requiring Cooling, of Carlyle Road, Maltby, to complete 110 hours of unpaid work.

* SPEEDING motorist Paul Stuart Crookes was fined 350.

Crookes, 36, of Kempton Park Road, Cusworth, pleaded guilty to exceeding the 70mph limit on the M18 on January 6.

He was also ordered to pay 50 costs and his licence was endorsed with six points.

* A MAN who obstructed a police officer was placed under a four-week curfew as party of a community sentence imposed by magistrates.

Bartosz Pawel Prusak, 29, pleaded guilty to the offence on March 7.

Prusak, of Victorian Place, Victorian Crescent, Town Moor, pleaded guilty to driving a Seat car without insurance on St Sepulchre Gate West on the same date. He also pleaded to driving without insurance on December 9 in Waterdale.

Prusak was banned from driving for six months for repeat offending, was fined 300 and ordered to pay 65 costs.