If you want to get away from it all but don’t fancy spending hours in the car or on a plane with the kids check out our top staycation destinations nearby.
1. Hatfield Outdoor Activity Centre - Enjoy a fun camping trip just down the road. As well as sleeping under the stars you can enjoy dinghy sailing, canoeing, kayaking, windsurfing, archery, climbing and much more at this destination that will appeal to the whole family.
2. Thornwick Bay Holiday Village - A stunning east coast Haven holiday park set in a cliff top nature reserve with lots to see and do. Enjoy days out at the beach and take advantage of the onsite facilities including an indoor swimming pool and activity barn.
3. Beachcomber caravan site at Cleethorpes - The ideal location to enjoy a fun filled family holiday. Situated in the popular coastal resort of Cleethorpes, it is the perfect place to enjoy traditional seaside fun with plenty of fantastic attractions on offer.
4.Field House Farm Cottages Bridlington - 7 luxury self-catering cottages, in a courtyard setting located on a Family farm. Perfect base for enjoying days out in Bempton, Sewerby and Flamborough.
5. Center Parcs Sherwood Forest - With a wide range of indoor and outdoor activities too enjoy there’s never a dull moment at Center Parcs. Set deep in the historic Nottinghamshire countryside you feel like you could be a million miles away.
6. Sandybrook Country Park, Ashbourne - These lodges sleep families of up to 8 and offer soft play, outdoor play areas and a range of activities including archery, fencing and body-zorbing.
7. Rother Valley View B&B - An ideal budget friendly base to explore the Rother Valley where you can enjoy family picnics and make the most of the activity centre offering family rowing and pedal boats, water zorbing, sailing, windsurfing, canoes, single scull rowing boats, cycle hire and archery for groups.