Number of Doncaster coronavirus hospital patients decreases again

The number of people being treated in Doncaster’s hospitals for coronavirus has decreased again, health chiefs have said.

Friday, 23rd April 2021, 10:41 am

The figure currently stands at just ten people – a decrease of one on last week.

In its weekly update on the Covid-19 situation in Doncaster a spokesman for Doncaster and Bassetlaw NHS Teaching Hospitals Foundation Trust, said: “At the time of writing, 10 patients with us have tested positive for COVID-19.

"That’s eight at Doncaster Royal Infirmary and two at Bassetlaw Hospital.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

The number of Doncaster coronavirus hospital patients is decreasing.

"With much happiness, Montagu remains COVID-free and long may this continue.

“The age range of these patients is between 41 and 82.

“If you’re out and about this evening, stay safe and sensible and remember hands, face, space and fresh air.

"We are aware that rates within the community, particularly in Doncaster, remain high so please let’s do all we can to drive this down. Lower admissions to hospital is great progress, let’s now push even further.”

Earlier this week, it was revealed that Doncaster has the second highest rate of coronavirus infections in England, although the number of cases is continuing to drop.

Earlier this week, Dr Rupert Suckling, the town’s director of public health, urged people to follow the coronavirus rules and restrictions in a bid to lose Doncaster its unwanted place at the top of the table.

While numbers are dropping, Dr Suckling urged people to ‘redouble their efforts’ in a bid to drive down rates even further in Doncaster.

Since the start of the pandemic, there have been nearly 900 Covid deaths in the town.