Dumbuya forced to withdraw from Sierra Leone squad
MUSTAPHA Dumbuya has been denied the opportunity to win his first cap for Sierra Leone after a mix-up with flight tickets.
The 24-year-old had been due to feature in an African Cup of Nations qualifier in Sao Tome & Principe tonight.
He was due to fly to Africa at the weekend but his flight tickets were sent to Crystal Palace, where he recently spent a spell on loan, by mistake.
By the time the error was realised it was too late for Dumbuya to join up with his team-mates, according to a statement released by Doncaster Rovers.
Dumbuya said: “Obviously I’m a bit gutted to miss out but the next qualifier is in June and I hope to be called up again then.”
- DONCASTER ROVERS: ‘We’re going for big prize and won’t be distracted’
- One Direction’s Louis Tomlinson’s Twitter row with The Wanted
- Up and coming singer Jake Bugg heads out on biggest tour to date
- VOTE: Margaret Thatcher - Hero or Villain?
- Rovers FT: Doncaster Rovers 1 Tranmere 0: Jones edges Donny nearer promotion
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Doncaster
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 5 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 30 mph
Wind direction: North east