Fan ownership, investing in the future of the club, and targeting the Premier League are among the headline objectives of the new ‘Tomlinson Ryan Trust’.
John Ryan and Louis Tomlinson today unveiled their blueprint for Doncaster Rovers’ future after assuming control of the club.
Among its objectives, the Tomlinson Ryan Trust lists achieving top flight status as “a realistic sporting objective”.
The Trust’s mission statement also vows to “prioritise capital spend and invest capital wisely, protect the club against financial failure, and enable supporters to obtain ownership of up to five per cent of Doncaster Rovers”.
Ryan said: “By publishing these objectives, we are making it clear to Doncaster Rovers supporters, and the general public, that we are planning to give the club the support and resources it needs.
“As its previous chairman I am still totally committed to developing an exciting future for the club.
“The objectives of the Trust provide a roadmap to make the club an even greater success.
“I am very pleased to join forces with Louis, contributing to The Trust, to make this happen.
“It’s an important moment for Doncaster Rovers.”
The Tomlinson Ryan Trust listed the following objectives in a statement:
- To enable club’s supporters to obtain direct ownership up to 5% of Doncaster Rovers
- To achieve Premier League status as a realistic sporting objective by careful promotion, support, finance and investment via its holding company.
- To prioritise capital spend so that DRFC can build a high quality playing squad.
- To protect the clubs against financial failure in the future by excellent financial management.
- To expand the Doncaster Rovers supporter base in the UK and international markets.
- To invest capital wisely so that Doncaster Rovers continues for future generations to enjoy.
- To embrace and support youth development and sports activities generally.
- To support charitable and schools initiatives locally, nationally and internationally.
- Grow the Doncaster Rovers brand within a global market.