Jason Gillespie has yet to hear from the England and Wales Cricket Board whether the governing body wants to speak to him about the vacant position of national coach.
Yorkshire director of cricket Martyn Moxon has confirmed the county champions have had no direct approach from England asking permission to contact their coach about the job which became available when Peter Moores was sacked four days ago.
New ECB director Andrew Strauss acknowledged on Tuesday that former Australia fast bowler Gillespie is “one of the candidates” who could be considered for a role he wants to fill by the time this summer’s Ashes series starts in July.
But asked if England had been in touch about the matter, Moxon said: “No ... there’s nothing definite from the ECB.
“Obviously, Andrew Strauss has said (publicly) that they’re interested in speaking to him.
“At the moment they haven’t. They haven’t asked us to speak to him.”