VIDEO: Doncaster street explosion caught on camera

Have your say

Residents were left without power for several hours after electrical cables caught fire under a Doncaster street.

Firefighters from Rotherham were called to St Vincent's Avenue in Wheatley at 7.15am on Monday after electrical cable ignited underground.

Electrical fire

Electrical fire

Resident Damian Drobny said: "It was next to my flat, first there was loud explosion and then a loud noise of electric cables burning and a lot of smoke, sparks and fire.

"By 8am the fire was out, Fireman told me to stay at home."