Sunlight on mirror sparks house fire

Fire Engine on call
Fire Engine on call

A MIRROR reflecting sunlight onto a bedroom blind sparked a fire in Doncaster yesterday.

Fire investigation officers believe the concave mirror magnified the sunlight, igniting a set of nylon blinds.

A woman was inside the Osbourne Road property but managed to escape unharmed.

The bedroom was well alight and Adwick and Doncaster firefighters used a hose reel to put out the flames and prevent them from spreading into other rooms in the property.

The fire started at about 8.15pm on Tuesday and firefighters left the scene just after 11pm.