Shock as boy finds dead wasp in tin of peaches

Tyrese Whitfield, 10, and Susanne Whitfield, of Armthorpe hold a tin of peaches, which had a dead wasp in it, which Susanne found after Tyrese had drank the juice. Picture: Andrew Roe

Tyrese Whitfield, 10, and Susanne Whitfield, of Armthorpe hold a tin of peaches, which had a dead wasp in it, which Susanne found after Tyrese had drank the juice. Picture: Andrew Roe

0
Have your say

a MOTHER has been stung by an online shopping experience after her son discovered a dead wasp in a tin of peaches.

Susanne Whitfield, 36, said ten-year-old Tyrese had been left traumatised after he found the insect in a tin of Asda own brand fruit after he had already drunk the juice from can.

Ms Whitfield, said: “I saw something black in the tin when I realised it was a wasp I just said ‘Oh my God’.

“My son was really upset. He had already drank the juice without realising, he was traumatised and he felt sick.

“I’ve always shopped at Asda but no chance now.”

Ms Whitfield, of Doncaster Road, Armthorpe, has complained to Asda, trading standards and environmental health

An Asda spokesman said: “The quality of our food is our highest priority and we’re always sorry if it doesn’t meet our customers high standards.

“Whenever we receive a complaint, we ask for the product back so that we can carry out a thorough investigation into what’s happened.”

The spokesman added that Ms Whitfield had been offered a goodwill gesture as an apology.